Friday, November 14, 2008

BUI - development site

I modularized BUI and opened a development site for it. The site can be found at http://bui.googlecode.com/ . At the moment I am in process of implementing World (parent of containers). The plan is to have World to contain general rules (world size, element height of children without height of their own). Furthermore a World should be able to contain many children. This would make it possible to mimic panels of Blender. I have some other ideas as well but I will discuss them in more detail after I have the basic concept done.

If you look at the root of the source code repository, you can find three example files (bones.py, filter_layers.py and simple.py) that demonstrate the usage of BUI in context of Blender. To make those examples to work, set Python path of Blender so that it can find the place in which you checked out the repository. Or just put the repository in your scripts directory should you have one.

After I have finished implementing World, I still need to add basic way to map keys and mouse events (move, press buttons) to events. This is something that is actually pretty easy to do.

The next two weeks are going to be a bit busy so the development work will be probably a bit slower than usual. After that it should return back to normal.

No comments: